Balancing labour costs with staff preferences using a variety of methods, from simple to highly complex rosters.
- Accommodates any conceivable shift length and starting time.
- Supports patterns such as terms for interns and residents, cyclical rosters, templates, on-call and optimised rosters.
- Provides flexible, configurable rollups of multiple groups and departments for a helicopter view of planned & actual rosters.
- Totals for a range of factors - numbers, role, skill mix, coverage of special capabilities, gender, and more…
- Allows configurable roster rules and checks for violation of those rules and award conditions.
- Calculates costs before the roster is posted and as it is worked.
- Staffing & Pool Management
A global view of actual staffing by unit, position/classification and skill.
- Staffing gaps (open shifts) that adjust real-time with sick calls, shift swaps, staff movements, etc.
- Flexible filters to identify staff who can fill the gaps.
- Tracking of relief pools, available part-timers, agency and locum staff.
- Online communication with staff by text messaging, email, and employee self-service.
- Capture of the reasons that events occurred for analysis and trending by day of week.
Manage your casual pool, engage your workforce and volunteers as partners in the rostering process, and eliminate labour and paper intensive, manual processes. Accessed at home or work via smart phones, tablets, laptops or workstations, staff can:
- Enter requests for shifts and shift swaps.
- Self-roster while viewing the requests of team members.
- Check accrual balances before requesting leave.
- View staffing gaps (open shifts).
- Update availability for extra shifts to fill the gaps.
- View and confirm their timesheets
- Record changes such as overtime and call-backs.
Adjustments to the planned roster can be captured in a variety of ways:
- Biometrics with user-definable warnings for differences between clocked and rostered times.
- Web check in and out via smart phones, when biometric devices are not available (or prove too costly).
- Drag and drop staff to record movements between departments.
- Electronic sign-off of employee requests for shift swaps, extra shifts.
- Employee entry via smart phones for overtime, call-backs for on-call staff.
- Manager/staffer adjustments to rosters; copy adjustments to multiple days.
- Payroll & Award Interpretation
Audited electronic sign-off and sophisticated, reliable payroll feeds
With options for:
- Detailed or consolidated award interpreted data
- Raw roster data when your payroll system performs its own award interpretation.
- Electronic timesheets
Our interface engine is often called upon to accommodate, and overcome limitations in payroll systems.
- Data Analytics and Dashboards
Retrospective, real-time and prospective reporting, online drill-downs to investigate the source and reason for problems. We hold a wealth of data regarding your rostering practices, including:
- Roster balance, skill coverage, equity and cost.
- Identification and analysis of risky staffing practices, such as fatigue risk, unhealthy shift rotations.
- Absenteeism by unit and person, associated with days off, overtime, denied requests, and other worrisome attendance patterns.
- Trending of agency/registry/locum use and costs, along with reconciliation of their invoices.
- Financial analysis of labour costs.
- Configurable to your Key Performance Indicators without vendor intervention or technical knowledge.
- Comparing budget targets and actual performance in dollars, hours, FTEs, and hours per workload indicator (HPPD).
- User-definable stoplights to warn of departments that fall outside desired parameters.
Easy integration with existing Information Systems
- Incoming data from your HR or recruiting system
- Outgoing data on rostering practices to data warehouses in a variety of formats.
- Incoming workload statistics from clinical systems to calculate labour costs per unit of service.
- Incoming and outgoing exchange data with financial systems.
- Workforce Data Management
Our highly flexible, staff database can capture and report data on employees and volunteers such as:
- Demographics, skills and capabilities.
- Roster preferences and patterns, to assist in the planning and creation of rosters.
- Attendance at unit-based training and staff meetings.
- Rosters for the individual
- Records of mandatory requirements and compliance by individual and department.
Rethinking your Business Processes
PolyOptimum has a wealth of experience in rostering and staffing practices. We can analyse your current practices and recommend ways to incorporate available technology to streamline your rostering process. After our assessment, we recommend a software configuration and processes to capture your current state and move to your desired future state.
Controlling Labour – The Key Driver of Costs
One of our greatest strengths is our ability to identify business practices that impact cost and the source and reason for poor staffing decisions.
- Track costs that are most problematic so you know prospectively when costs fall outside your desired performance.
- Trend costly practices by shift and day of week, to highlight where changes would be most beneficial.
- Monitor use of casual, agency and locum staff, and the reasons for their use.
- Alert you to patterns of absenteeism by individual and unit, in conjunction with days off, overtime, and call-backs.
- Trend units/departments to highlight whether interventions are having the desired outcomes.
- Compare units/departments in order to alert you to those that need your attention.
As a Microsoft Partner, PolyOptimum can provide a secure hosting service using the Microsoft Azure platform located within North American or Australian regions.
We know maintaining an on-premise IT infrastructure can be challenging and costly, with system and hardware upgrades. PolyOptimum can manage the infrastructure, upgrades, maintenance of databases, and scaling for system performance needs.
If desired, we can manage administration of the system, reporting and the management of interfacing between systems, including Payroll.
You can choose On-Premise, in the Cloud, Software as a Service, and even Analysis as a Service.
As your business partner, we expand your capability and full utilisation of your mission critical software tools.